1. Encourage Nepali scholars to explore and disseminate research findings and good practices.
2. Advocate government institutions, universities, development organizations and other stakeholders to include population and sustainable development issues in their area of work.
3. Provide a forum for national and international scholars working in the population and development issues to exchange ideas and experiences.
4. Document good practices and research findings valuable to policy making and research
5. Develop national and international networks among population scholars and organizations.